Life is getting a little crazy around here right now. Instead of dwelling on it, I'm going to brainstorm things that are going well and that I can be thankful for.
- I'm God's kid (the best blessing of all!)
- A good marriage to a good man (second best blessing of all!)
- Loving family and friends (ties for second best blessing)
- The fact that our basement didn't flood during the deluge last week
- Our home and the homes of our neighbors weren't damaged by falling trees
- We have enough money for everything we need and much of what we want
- We both have jobs
- An intact roof over our heads, food on our plates, and clothes to wear
-Air conditioning when the summer temps spike (especially grateful for this today!)
- Being debt free!!
- The fact that God's in control and I don't have to worry about running the universe
Some of these things may seem a little trivial, but all it took was a HUGE thunderstorm last week and destruction to my in-law's property to make me realize that the most important things in life are not things! We can't take for granted all of the blessings we have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment