Sunday, March 29, 2009

The First Day

So, here we go- first time around on the blogsite. What's on my mind today? I'm so glad you asked, because Tara's heard it already, and as patient as she is, I think she'd like me to tell someone else.

Ryan's out of town this weekend in Ohio visiting friends with Rachel, so I'm here. Yesterday was very productive- I graded everything, did stuff around the house; all the usual weekend chores. As a result of getting so much done, I now have the whole day free. Very exciting, except it makes me realize how much I miss Ryan. I confess that I have been guilty of taking him for granted. Now that he's not here, I'm starting to see how big that sin is.

Jenny and I were talking this week about the sin of discontentment and the blackness in our souls. Having two jobs has made me very aware of the amount of gunk in my heart that needs to go. Pride, selfishness, fear of man...... it's all gotta go. Now I can add "taking my husband for granted" to the list. I'm glad I realized it; I just wish Ryan was here so I could tell him about the things God's brought to my attention today.

Thought: if Ryan were here, I probably wouldn't have realized my most recent sin. Sometimes God uses time away from our beloved to reveal things to us that we need to learn. Maybe that's why I have this Sabbath- in order to spend time with my Abba and learn how to be a wife after His own heart.

In that case, I'd better get ready. I'm sure God has a lot He wants to say.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Love it Love it, Carolyn! Bring it! Thank you for your transparency...it's amazing how God uses our spouse to mirror our true selves back to us...the good AND the bad. It's a lot to chew on though.

    I hope clinical tomorrow goes well. I work the next two days. No idea how the unit's been; I haven't been answering my phone!!

    ReplyDelete