Saturday, May 9, 2009

And the battle rages on.....

By now, you've probably read my previous blog about the moment of truth in the dressing room mirror. For those of you who might be interested in an update, here it is.

I decided to buy the pants that were a little bit tighter and have cracked down on exercise to fit in to them. Normally, I know, this strategy doesn't work: you buy the smaller pants and promise yourself that you will starve or whatever it takes to fit into them. However, I decided to view the mirror moment as a wake-up call. This week, I am proud to say that I have exercised for at least an hour for four days in a row!! And you know what? It wasn't that bad. As a result, the tight pants are slightly looser but my self-esteem is back in the positives.

Once I get the exercise routine down, my plan is to start paying attention to what I eat. I love to eat- I really do! I love the taste, the texture, the smell: I am an honest-to-God foodie. But I have to learn the difference between appropriate enjoyment and self-soothing behaviors. Right now, I turn to food whether I'm happy or sad. Hopefully, that will change in the next few weeks, but I'm going to take this slowly and learn what it means to be healthy, in body and spirit.

If you've read my previous blog and it resonated with you in any way, I'd love to hear from you and where you are in your battle. I know there are many people out there who are struggling with their weight. You're not alone. By joining together and encouraging each other, we are more likely to succeed in our goals than if we try to go it alone. I don't want to go through it alone if I can possibly help it. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment